Thursday, May 17, 2012

journal entry

People ask questions and that’s great. If you are unfamiliar with another culture it’s even a really good thing, not to be shy and just ask.
Over the last past month I was asked a lot of questions and I was happy to answer all of them. Well, not really all of them.

Some people don’t seem to think or maybe they just like to talk to people. “BMWs are made in Germany, aren’t they?So so they just give them to you for free than?” Sure...sure. They just give them away. For free. Go away,  think about it, and if you want to come back after, ask a real question or just have a normal conversation with me.
I think my favourite still is “Do you guys shower and brush your teeth in germany?”  I explained to the guy, that I had to learn all those things when I first came her and that I got my very first haircut. The nice thing was that he believed me at first, he made my day. People keep asking weird questions, like that girl who I ate lunch with one day. “I heard french people smell really bad. Is that true?” Sure. “Is it true that you don’t have air fresheners it germany?” Where did that come from?
One time a boy sat down next to me and started explaining world war 2 and the holocaust. “Somebody told me, that you’re not allowed to talk about it and I thought you should know what happened in your country.” Oh wow...whoever told him I didn’t know my own history...you’re wrong. You’re so wrong. Maybe you should shut your mouth forever and join the kid that told me to “go back to russia!”.

No comments:

Post a Comment